Tuesday, June 26, 2007

BUS- Easy Paint removal

Easy paint removal.. There's a thread in the Body/Paint section of The Samba.
It talks about using a power degreaser kitchen product to remove paint.
I thought why not- and gave it a try.
Over all I see the promise in using this. I won't use it on pots and pans though.
This stuff could be dangerous.
Here's some pictures-




Dollar General sells this stuff for $2.00 a bottle.
The Dawn version is $3.00 for a bottle half the size. I went cheap, I wanted to see if it did anything.












The bus was soaked down with the degreaser, and a layer of thin plastic was applied.
The plastic is there to slow the degreaser from drying. The longer it stays on the better.


It appears to be working.
It seems to work better on paint
that is not original. The primer looks like it will lift.












I enlisted my niece to see if the degreaser would wash off.
At first it does not appear to be worth the effort. However as the water works into the degreaser, the paint seems to lift away. Excellent!












The difference is worth $2.00.
I will definitely use this stuff to clean the engine and engine compartment.
And whatever else I want the paint melted off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment