Saturday, June 2, 2007

Time to make my list. The bus needs a new interior.

I decided to take a trip with my girls to Lowe's.
Lowe's Home Improvement has everything. I prefer Lowe's over Home Depot.
I like the way Lowe's is laid out.
You can find things in areas that make sense.
I don't like having to walk from one side of the store to the other.
The people who work at Lowe's are nicer and more helpful.
The goal was to figure out what the interior was going to look like.
Also to determine what materials I would need to start the interior.
I made the decision to make the bus interior out of wood.
The bus will have a Surf Woody Bus feel to it.
Wood panels, curtains, a simple floor plan.
This was a fact finding mission, and a good way to kill a couple of hours.
Here's Some Pictures-


The paint scheme for the bus is going to be
tow tone white over red. I may paint the bus my self. There's an interesting website where a gentleman painted his Corvair for $50.00.
I believe it's called the $50. Dollar paint job.
He used rollers and thinned the paint.
He layered many coats and wet sanded.
It does not look that bad.










This red paint is great.
The shade is familiar.































Most VW Buses don't really have insulation. The interior of the bus needs to be insulated. The trick is to not use anything that will cause problems later on. I'm going to use the foil backed insulation in the interior voids in the rear of the bus. I'll also use the pink Styrofoam stuff
as was done earlier. The bus needs to be warm and quiet.



























I don't know what this thing is, but it scared
her. It conducts loud goofy noises very well.
My youngest was slightly amused.






















The interior panels may be this type of panel.
I like the pine and wood grain.













Buckets have many uses.
My oldest.
She's eyeing that steel
bucket. Why, I don't know.



















The floor will be wood flooring. Wood panels, and floor.
Surf Woody Bus. It will be nice.














The trip was productive. I know what the
interior will be like. I have a rough idea of
I'm going for. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment